Pattaya One News
Home » Towel factory severely damaged in fire
National PattayaOne News

Towel factory severely damaged in fire

A fire broke out at a towel factory in Samut Prakan province early on Sunday.


Located in Suksawas Soi 84 in Phra Samut Chedi district, the factory, owned by Saharoj Textle (1991) Co Ltd, manufactured towels for both the domestic and overseas markets.

“About 20 workers were at work when the fire started. When they saw the blaze, they rushed to alert me,” company owner Sa-nguan Chokechainarin, 70, said.

Their efforts to use fire-extinguishers to put out the blaze were not successful.

“There was a huge quantity of towels on the second floor where the fire started. Those towels were inflammable,” Sa-nguan said.

It took firefighters about four hours to extinguish the fire.

Police have now cordoned off the factory. The fire is believed to have been caused by a short circuit.

The Nation

Related posts

Pattaya One New Thailand, your go-to source for global and local news, alongside effective business advertising opportunities, tailored to the vibrant city of Pattaya.
Translate »