Pattaya One News
Home » Video: Tourist’s portable charger explodes in her backpack
National Video News

Video: Tourist’s portable charger explodes in her backpack

Tourist’s portable charger explodes in her backpack

CCTV cameras caught the moment a portable charger of a foreign tourist burst into flames when she was at the airport of the northern province.

Her belongings were damaged but no one was hurt.

The management of the provincial airport on Thursday posted camera footage of the incident on its Facebook page Chiang Mai International Airport-CNX on Thursday.

The clip, with a Sunday afternoon timestamp, showed flames suddenly emerged from the lower part of the rucksack of the woman while she was walking in front of the airport’s passenger terminal.

The shocked woman ran quickly to throw her bag onto the road.

A second later she pulled her bag from the road, apparently to save what remained of it. The power bank was left on the road and the flame disappeared.

The clip later showed a security guard standing near the burnt device to take a picture of it.

Suddenly, it burst into flames again and quickly spun.

ลองคิดเล่นๆ ดูนะคะว่า ถ้าเหตุการณ์นี้เกิดบนอากาศยาน จะเป็นอย่างไร นั่นจะเป็นคำตอบว่าทำไมสนามบินต้องตรวจเข้ม และกวดขันในเรื่องการนำแบตเตอรี่สำรอง หรือ Power bank ขึ้นไปบนอากาศยาน #ปลอดภัยคือมาตรฐาน บริการคือหัวใจ

Posted by Chiang Mai International Airport-CNX on Thursday, July 25, 2019

The guard ran away as fast as he could.

Along with the post, the management of the airport wrote the clip showed why airport staff had to strictly enforce the portable charger ban on board.

Thananrat Prasertsri, deputy director of Chiang Mai airport, said on Friday that officials suspected that a liquid from the

American traveller’s cosmetics, or water bottle, spilled on the power pack and caused the fire.







error: If you would like to use this content, please contact us [email protected]