Businesses and start ups face their own day to day challenges. Such as, limited time, SEO, shoestring budgets and staffing.
If one thing is clear, without online visibility and a robust SEO strategy your business may find itself facing additional difficulties. Including customers struggling to find and see your website or online ads.
We suggest you develop a strong brand and a successful online presence. Having a positive and proactive approach to your SEO will increase the amount of new customers engaging with your business. Leading to greater conversion rates. A few less things to worry about on a day to day basis!
Let’s look at some ideas on how you and your professional can help to build a winning SEO strategy that won’t bankrupt you. It’s important to mention that, a little creativity and dynamism and an acute understanding of the business- its objectives, goals, and target audience will go a long way.
Similarly, each business is different therefore, the approach you take with your SEO should reflect this. This is where your creativity should come into play.
Here are a few suggestions to consider with or without a pro:
Optimise your website
Your SEO optimised website will load faster, navigate more easily, and will display on different devices. This is paramount in a world where many people are researching, browsing and shopping on tablets and mobile phones.
Creating an online environment that is user friendly you will satisfy part of Google’s guidelines. This is because Google favours websites that offer its visitors positive experience which creates ease of use.
SEO has changed dramatically over the past decade. Therefore, it’s vital to recognise how much influence search engines like Google have on your website. Search engines can influence whether or not you have an online presence.
- Create high quality and relevant content including blogs and articles
- Provide appropriate and relevant on site information
- Create an environment which is well structured and uncluttered to encourage longer visits
- Solve your target audiences’ questions through your content… F&Q perhaps
Set up a Google My Business account
Google My Business is a free optimisation tool that will help to increase your local visibility. It will give you more control over how your business appears on searches and maps.
- Build an account and fill out each section with relevant and appropriate information.
- Use high quality images and videos.
- Encourage clients to provide reviews and feedback to build credibility, trustworthiness and sales. You can reply to your customers comments, which is a great way of demonstrating how your business engages with its customers.
- Provide office details, directions, contact numbers and operating hours.
- Provide information about your business attributes for instance – free parking, access to wifi, wheelchair access.
Don’t fall behind stay updated
Google have implemented some huge algorithm updates over the past few years which have effected some well established websites. Similarly, they also roll out several updates on a monthly basis. The updates might not be ground breaking, but, unless you are aware of these, over time your website could become difficult to update. This why having a pro on your side will help to avoid falling behind.
- Your website requires constant monitoring to stay up to date.
- Be on the ball – understand major algorithm changes and how these will effect your website and its’ ranking.
Therefore, your business needs to have a long term SEO strategy in order to gain noticeable changes. It’s about ‘playing the long game’!
It’s really important to understand the needs of your business and how search engines influence and impact your website’s visibility. Being aware of other businesses like your own, being aware of what they are doing and how they are doing, it will help to develop and maintain a strong SEO strategy.