Pattaya One News
Home » Swimmer killed by a giant 15ft great white shark
International News

Swimmer killed by a giant 15ft great white shark

A SWIMMER has been killed by a giant 15ft great white shark in front of horrified beach-goers in Sydney.

Emergency services raced to Little Bay Beach near Malabar just after 4.30pm on Wednesday following reports of a shark attack.

Maritime officers and lifeguards launched a desperate search for the swimmer and found human remains in the water.

Parts of a wetsuit were also recovered, according to reports.

Shocked witnesses claimed the swimmer was attacked by a 15ft great white.

The horrifying scenes unfolded in front of dozens of fishermen and other beachgoers – who heard the swimmer’s screams as the horror unfolded.

One fisherman can be heard shouting in a video: “Someone just got eaten by a shark. Oh man! Oh no! That’s insane. That’s a great white shark.

“I just saw a four to five metre great white explode on the surface right here on a swimmer and it was like a car landing in the water.

F*** man, I heard a scream and the shark was just chomping on his body and the body was in half here just off the rocks.

“It came back and swallowed parts of his body and that was it.”

Fisherman Kris Linto told Nine News: “Some guy was swimming and a shark came and attacked him vertically.

“We heard a yell and turned around it looked like a car had landed in the water, a big splash then the shark was chomping at the body and there was blood everywhere.”

Police and ambulance services said the shark caused “catastrophic injuries”.

New South Wales police said the Little Bay Beach has been closed.

“Officers attached to Eastern Beaches Police Area Command, with assistance from the Marine Area Command and Surf Life Saving NSW, attended and located human remains in the water,” the cops said.

The police offered no information about the identity of the swimmer, although it’s understood the victim was a local who knew the beach well.

A NSW Ambulance spokeswoman said paramedics were called to Little Bay, “unfortunately this patient had suffered catastrophic injuries and there was nothing paramedics could do”.

Local media said it was the first fatal shark attack in Sydney since 1963.

Please follow and like us:
Global news and Local news in Thailand and Pattaya with Business advertising
Translate »