Manchester United Are Still In The Race For A Top Four Finish, Despite Their Poor Form, As All The Champions League Mini PL League Chasing Teams Are Cracking Under Pressure. Team News. Manager Comments. Stats, And Prediction.
By: Marc Gingell
Tottenham have lost two out of their last three Premier League games. Arsenal have lost their last two and it could be three by the time this one kicks off. Chelsea have lost and drawn their last two. United, if they do beat Chelsea, could well move up to 5th.
|28-04-2019||Old Trafford||Manchester United (6)||v||Chelsea (4)|
|KO:14:00||REF: M Atkinson|
Manchester United Team News
- Unknown Return Date: Antonio Valencia Knock.
- 75% Chance of Playing: Phil Jones Knock. Eric Bailly Head injury. Ander Herrera Muscle Injury. Scott McTominay. Knock.
Chelsea Team News
- Unknown Return Date: Callum Hudson-Odoi Achilles injury.
- 75% Chance of Playing: Marcos Alonso Muscle injury. Ethan Ampadu Back injury. N’Golo Kanté Rib injury.
- Man Utd have won their last two Premier League home games against Chelsea – they’ve not beaten the Blues in three top-flight games in a row at Old Trafford since January 1957 under manager Matt Busby.
- Chelsea have won more Premier League games against Manchester United than any other side have in the competition (18).
- Man Utd have won three of their last six meetings with Chelsea in all competitions (D1 L2), having failed to win any of the previous 12 against them (D5 L7).
- Manchester United have lost three games against London sides in the Premier League this season (vs Tottenham, West Ham and Arsenal). They last lost against more different London sides in a single top-flight campaign back in 1989-90 (Arsenal, Charlton, Chelsea, Crystal Palace and Tottenham).
- Chelsea have lost their last six Premier League away games against fellow ‘big six’ sides, including all four this season by an aggregate score of 1-13. Indeed, they’re winless in eight such games (D2 L6) since beating Tottenham 2-1 at Wembley in August 2017.
- Chelsea haven’t gone three Premier League games without a win since September 2016.
- Anthony Martial scored twice in the reverse fixture against Chelsea this season. The only Man Utd players to score home and away Premier League goals against the Blues in the same season are Wayne Rooney in 2011-12 and Eric Cantona in 1992-93.
- Chelsea’s N’Golo Kante has scored nine goals in all competitions in his four seasons in England, with Manchester United the only side he’s scored more than once against (2).
- Gonzalo Higuain’s four goals for Chelsea this season have been against teams currently in the bottom six. He’s played five games and 323 minutes against the top six sides in all competitions for the Blues, managing just one shot on target in those games.
- Eden Hazard has been directly involved in 10 of Chelsea’s 23 Premier League away league goals this season (5 goals, 5 assists), double that of any other player at the club (Ross Barkley 5).
United, so poor recently, can provide their suffering fans with some hope by winning this one.
Manchester United 3 Chelsea 1