Just released, a detailed explanation of the regulations regarding the opening of restaurants in Pattaya, from Pattaya City Hall:
“Due to many announcements, both central and Chonburi Province. The City of Pattaya would like to help summarize the order in language for everyone to understand easily, as follows.
The restaurant business will be divided into 2 types.
1. Restaurants in the mall can only be opened to sell food to consume somewhere else (can’t sit in the shop)……. according to the order of COVID19 committee, Chonburi province
2. Ordinary restaurants outside the mall
– it can be opened but on condition that you reduce the risk of spreading, as follows
1. Customer temperature screening before entering the premises.
2. Alcohol is placed at a common point.
3. Reduce congestion by organizing the customer seating at least 1 meters apart.
4. Surface cleaning eg door knob handle, toilets.
5. The staff of the restaurant to wear hygienic masks
What is permitted
Open-closing time (26 Mar. July 63) there is no fixed opening-closing time (but if it’s open until 00.01 pm an officer may check if alcoholic beverage have stopped being sold)
Alcoholic beverages can only be sold only in restaurants licensed to sell alcoholic beverages, and only for the scheduled times of 11.00. am – 14.00 pm, and from 17.00-24.00 pm. Outside these hours the officer will take action.
The business cannot be opened with a food license not yet granted. It is a bar, not a restaurant and cannot be opened according to the order of the COVID-19 committee, Chonburi province
Establishments that look similar to bars cannot be opened, according to the order of the COVID-19 committee, Chonburi province
The restaurant must look like a real restaurant, not a bar. For example, if any premises has music or live music, it is considered as a bar according to COVID-19 Committee, Chonburi province
The important thing is that you must ensure that your shop is a real restaurant, not a bar, or similar that looks like bar. Because under these regulations, if you are arrested, you will not only be arrest for selling alcohol, but will be arrested for disobeying the order of the COVID-19 Committee, with a fine of 100,000 baht or imprisonment no more than 1 year, or both. The fine and bail of 100,000 baht ️
Best wishes from police station”