Chelsea Have Another Opportunity To Leap-Frog Tottenham And Claim Third Place. Team News. Stats And Prediction.
By: Marc Gingell
Chelsea, thanks to one of their own Nathan Aké scoring the winner for Bournemouth against Tottenham, have another opportunity to claim third place. Recently they`ve blown their opportunities and Watford will be all out to stop them again.
For Chelsea, this could also be Eden Hazard`s last home performance in the Premier League.
|5/5/2019||Stamford Bridge||Chelsea (4)||v||Watford (10)|
|KO:14:00||REF: P Tierney|
Chelsea Team News
- Unknown Return Date: Antonio Rüdiger Knee injury. Callum Hudson-Odoi Achilles injury.
- 75% Chance of Playing: Gary Cahill Achilles injury. Ethan Ampadu Back injury.
Watford Team News
- Unknown Return Date: Sebastian Prödl Knee injury. Domingos Quina Shoulder injury.
- 25% Chance of Playing: Etienne Capoue Groin injury.
- 50% Chance of Playing: Miguel Britos Dental problem.
- Chelsea are unbeaten in 11 home matches against Watford in all competitions (W7 D4 L0) since a 1-5 defeat on the final day of the 1985-86 season.
- Watford have taken just one point from their five away Premier League visits to Stamford Bridge against Chelsea (W0 D1 L4).
- Since their return to the Premier League in 2015, Watford have scored more Premier League goals against Chelsea than they have vs any other side (13). They’ve also scored more goals at Stamford Bridge (7) than any other visiting side over the past four seasons.
- Chelsea haven’t lost their last home league game of the season since the 2001-02 campaign (1-3 vs Aston Villa), with the Blues winning 10 and drawing six since then.
- Chelsea are winless in three Premier League games (D2 L1) – the Blues last went four without a win in May 2016 under Guus Hiddink.
- Watford are looking to win consecutive away league games for the first time since a run of three in September 2017.
- Watford have won away against Crystal Palace and West Ham in the Premier League this season – they’ve never won three matches in London in a single top-flight season before.
- Chelsea’s Eden Hazard has had a hand in four goals in his last three Premier League appearances against Watford (3 goals, 1 assist), netting each of the Blues’ last three goals against the Hornets.
- Gerard Deulofeu has been directly involved in seven of Watford’s last nine away goals in the Premier League, with the Spaniard scoring six and assisting one.
If this is goodbye from Hazard he will want to go out in style but Watford, like Burnley, can be party spoilers and they might be up for that today. Troy Deeney, returning from suspension, will be keen for some action with the FA Cup Final just around the corner.
Chelsea 1 Watford 2
If you have any questions or comments please follow the links below. And, if you would like to like or share, that would be appreciated. Thank you.