Aussie man and son die trying to fix water pump
An Australian man and his young son die of electrocution yesterday afternoon after trying to repair the pump for their swimming pool in Rayong province.
The bodies of Andrew Fenwick, 66, and his son Jason, 10, were found at about 4:30pm near the pump in a storage room on their property. The father still had the wrench in his right hand while the son’s left hand was clinging to a nearby iron gate, reported Thai PBS.
The boy had visible burns on the left side of his body, left hand, and face.
Due to the nature the bodies were found in, police suspect that approximately 3 hours had passed since the incident.
The boy’s mother, Somrudi Krailob Fenwick, 41, was not at home when the accident happened but rushed back when a neighbor called her to alert her to the situation.
Authorities learned of the accident when the couple’s younger son, Justin, 4, was crying and told a guard at the housing development that his father was dead.
The two bodies are at the Institute of Forensic Science where an autopsy will be performed to determine the exact cause of death.