Fire at Iron Club Agogo – Air Con technician interviewed by police
In the aftermath of a fire breaking out at Iron Club Agogo in Walking Street, police have brought an air con technician in for questioning.
Tourists looked on as three fire engines attended the smoldering scene the bar described online as one of the top clubs in the area famous for its “remarkable interactive shows”.
Both Banglamung district chief Naris Niramaiwong and head of the local police force Apichai Krobpetch were on the scene to take any witness statements and collect any evidence which may suggest a possible cause for the blaze.
Borisut, 38, the air-con technician said he had been hired to clean and maintain the units at the bar. As he was attending to one unit he noticed a short circuit and fire at one deep in the bar.
The fire spread quickly throughout the venue and he tried to prevent any further damage by grabbing a nearby extinguisher. It was no use, however, at which point he ran outside signalling for help.
Emergency services were quickly onto the scene to get the blaze under control and police would later take the technician down to the station for further questioning.
A large crowd of tourists and locals had gathered at this point and news quickly spread across Thai local and social media.
Source: Thai Visa