Tottenham Are Enjoying Life In Their New Stadium But Hammers Aim To Be The First Team To Beat Them In Their New Stadium! Team News. Manager Comments. Stats, And Prediction.
By: Marc Gingell
Tottenham, despite not winning away in the Premier League for 96 days, the last time that happened they needed a 90+ 3 minute goal from Harry Winks to beat Fulham 2-1, are in a happy zone. They are clear in third as Chelsea, Arsenal, and Manchester United all stumble behind them. They are also in the Champions League semi-final and they are home.
On the downside, they have lost Harry Kane with his ankle injury again but they have proved that they can deal with that situation.
|27-04-2019||Tottenham Hotspur Stadium||Tottenham Hotspur (3)||v||West Ham United (11)|
|KO:12:30||REF: A Taylor|
Tottenham Hotspur Team News
- Unknown Return Date: Serge Aurier Hamstring injury. Harry Winks Groin injury. Harry Kane Ankle injury.
- 25% Chance of Playing: Moussa Sissoko Groin injury.
- 75% Chance of Playing: Erik Lamela Hamstring injury.
West Ham United Team News
- Unknown Return Date: Winston Reid Lack of match fitness. Andriy Yarmolenko Achilles injury. Carlos Sánchez Knee injury. Andy Carroll Ankle injury.
- 25% Chance of Playing: Samir Nasri Calf injury.
- 75% Chance of Playing: Aaron Cresswell Knock. Javier Hernández Ear infection. Lucas Pérez Knock. Manuel Lanzini Groin injury
- Tottenham are looking to complete their first league double over West Ham since the 2012-13 campaign, having won 1-0 at the London Stadium back in October.
- West Ham have only won one of their last 16 away league games against Spurs (D6 L9), picking up a 3-0 victory in October 2013 at White Hart Lane.
- Following a run of five consecutive home league clean sheets against West Ham, Spurs have conceded in each of their last six at home against the Hammers in the Premier League.
- This will be the 12th different campaign in which Tottenham and West Ham have met at least three times in all competitions – Spurs have won both games so far, but have never beaten the Hammers three times in the same season before.
- Only Chelsea (22) have earned more points in Premier League London derbies than Spurs this season (19), with Mauricio Pochettino’s side winning three of their four at home (D1).
- Following an unbeaten run of five games away from home (W3 D2), West Ham have lost seven of their last eight on the road in the Premier League (D1), including each of the last four. They last lost five away league games in a row in January 2014.
- West Ham have lost their last six away league games against ‘big six’ opposition by an aggregate score of 3-16. Indeed, they’re winless in 20 such matches (D6 L14) since a 2-1 win at Man City in September 2015.
- West Ham have conceded at least twice in their last six Premier League games – they’ve never shipped 2+ goals in seven consecutive games in the competition, last doing so in the top-flight between November 1970-February 1971 (10 games).
- Only Arsenal (11) have had more different goalscorers in Premier League London derbies this season than Tottenham (10), with Harry Kane (4), Dele Alli (2) and Son Heung-min (2) the only players to score more than once for the club in such fixtures.
- The Hammers have scored fewer goals on the road than any other side in the competition since the turn of the year (2).
West Ham were unlucky to lose 2-1 at Manchester United the last time they were on the road. They pushed United all the way and were denied by poor referring decisions. Back in December, they won 2-1 at Southampton but now 120 days have passed since their last away win
The new stadium factor, and Heung-Min Son, should help see Tottenham over the line although he might have to come off the bench to do it.
Tottenham Hotspur 2 West Ham United 0