Tottenham Hotspur Aiming To Put An End To All Manchester City Quadruple Talk Part One: Comments. Team News. Stats & Prediction.
By: Marc Gingell
During his time in Spain and England Mauricio Pochettino has come up against Pep Guardiola many times but never in a game as big as this. For Pochettino, it’s the biggest game of his managerial career and he will be looking for a big performance in the new stadium.
|9/4/2019||Tottenham Hotspur Stadium||Tottenham Hotspur||v||Manchester City|
|KO: 20:00||REF: B Kuipers|
Tottenham Hotspur Team News
- Unknown Return Date: Serge Aurier Hamstring injury. Eric Dier Hip injury
- 75% Chance of Playing: Erik Lamela Hamstring injury. Fernando Llorente Concussion.
Manchester City Team News
- Unknown Return Date: Claudio Bravo Achilles injury. Fabian Delph Knock.
- 25% Chance of Playing: Oleksandr Zinchenko Muscle injury.
- 75% Chance of Playing: Kyle Walker Hamstring injury. Sergio Agüero Muscle injury.
- This is the first ever European meeting between Tottenham Hotspur and Manchester City in what is the 157th meeting between the teams in all competitions.
- Manchester City have won 11 of their last 16 matches against Spurs (D1 L4), with all those meetings coming in the Premier League; they’ve won their last three in a row.
- Spurs haven’t faced an English team in a European competition since April 1973, when they faced – and were eliminated by – Liverpool in the 1972-73 UEFA Cup semi-final.
- Manchester City have lost all four of their European matches against English opponents, losing both legs of the 1970-71 Cup Winners’ Cup semi-final against Chelsea and both legs of last season’s Champions League quarter-final against Liverpool.
- Tottenham striker Harry Kane has been involved in 17 goals in 17 Champions League appearances (14 goals, 3 assists); Kane has scored a goal every 106 minutes, the best ratio of any Englishman to have played at least 200 minutes in the competition.
- Leroy Sané has had a hand in seven goals in his last three Champions League games for Manchester City (4 goals, 3 assists), scoring with all four shots on target in this time.
Tottenham have the razzle dazzle of their new stadium but they need Harry Kane and Son Heung-Min to fire together and that’s not happened a lot this season. Since Kane returned from injury he’s done well but there’s been no partnership with Son. For that reason City, who’ve not been pressed for quite a while, to take a first leg advantage .
Tottenham Hotspur 1 – 3 Manchester City
If you have any questions or comments please follow the links below. And, if you would like to like or share, that would be appreciated. Thank you.