Another Big Anfield Champions League Night Where Liverpool Will Be Going All Out To Keep Their Double Hopes Alive – Comments. Team News. Stats & Prediction.
By: Marc Gingell
Last season these two teams met in the last 16 last season and Liverpool won 5-0 on aggregate after coming away from the Estádio do Dragão stadium with a 5-0 win. Sadio Mané scored a hat-trick with Mo Salah and Roberto Firmino scoring one a piece. The Anfield game ended 0-0. FC Porto will be looking for the same again and perhaps an away goal.
|KO: 20:00||REF: A Mateu Lahoz|
Liverpool Team News
- Unknown Return Date: Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain Lack of match fitness.
- Suspended: Andy Robertson.
- 50% Chance of Playing: Joseph Gomez Lack of match fitness.
- 75% Chance of Playing: Adam Lallana Knock.
FC Porto Team News
- Suspended: Pepe and Hector Herrera.
- Late Fitness Test: Alex Telles Bursitis in his right hip.
- Liverpool have never lost a European match against FC Porto in six previous encounters (W3 D3 L0).
- FC Porto were eliminated by Liverpool in the Champions League last season at the Last 16 stage, losing 0-5 on aggregate, though the second leg at Anfield did end goalless.
- Liverpool have progressed from four of their last five quarter-final appearances in the Champions League between 2004/05 and 2017/18 – only in 2008/09 did they fall out at this stage after a 5-7 aggregate defeat to Chelsea.
- FC Porto have never faced an opponent more without winning in the Champions League than Liverpool (four games), also failing in four matches against Zenit St Petersburg and Juventus.
- Each of Liverpool’s 12 goals in the Champions League this season have come from inside the box, the only side left in the competition yet to net a goal from outside the penalty area. Indeed, each of the nine goals Porto have conceded in the competition this season have also come from inside the box.
- Porto striker Moussa Marega is looking to become just the fourth different player in Champions League history to score in seven successive matches in the competition, after Edinson Cavani, Ruud van Nistelrooy and Cristiano Ronaldo.
- Liverpool forward Sadio Mane has scored 69% of his Champions League goals in the knockout stages of the competition (9/13); of players with at least 10 goals, only Ivica Olic (7/10 – 70%) has a higher such percentage in Champions League history.
With key defenders missing FC Porto might struggle to keep out Liverpool.
Liverpool 3 – 0 FC Porto