Pattaya One News
Home » Thai Man, 60, Dies After Eating Poisonous Toad

Thai Man, 60, Dies After Eating Poisonous Toad

Thai Man, 60, Dies After Eating Poisonous Toad

A Thai man with a taste for wild animals died after eating a toad – leaving behind a fridge full of frozen snakes.

Thum Thabsela, 60, invited friends to join him for the unusual grilled snack at his home in rural Uthai Thani province, northeastern Thailand last Saturday, August 11 afternoon.

But they declined and he was later found collapsed on the floor while foaming at the mouth.

Villagers crowded round the house but Thum was already dead by the time paramedics arrived.

Officers searched the home and found no sign of a struggle. Medics later confirmed that Thum had been poisoned from eating the toad.

Speaking in the video, Kwa Thabsela, 53, the dead man’s younger brother, said: “My brother lived here alone since he broke up with his ex-wife.

“Our sister, Kia, is the one who took care of him ever since his broke up. I would visit him sometimes.

“This morning he invited me for a drink said that he has a special treat which was a toad, but I denied him and left. After that our sister came by and found him suffering and he died before the rescue team arrived.”

Kwa said his late bother like to eat unusual wild reptiles and showed the rescue team the dried carcasses of snakes – including rat snake and even a king cobra left – in the fridge waiting to be eaten.

Both of the man’s siblings confirmed to police there were no suspicious circumstances about the death and agreed that eating the toad had killed their brother. Police are not investigating.



Please follow and like us:
Global news and Local news in Thailand and Pattaya with Business advertising
Translate »