The Emergency Operation Centre at Suvarnabhumi Airport is ready if the Covid-19 situation deteriorates to the third phase, the centre said.
According to a report, the airport saw 726 flights and 79,899 passengers on March 15 – 33 per cent and 60 per cent lower, respectively, compared to the same period last year – and only one person showed symptoms of coronavirus infection.
Deputy director Kittipong Kittikachorn said the number was the lowest in 14 years, but he confirmed the airport was ready if the situation got any worse.
Meanwhile, the Department of Disease Control delivered face masks to airport officers today (March 16) in “sufficient numbers”.
Regarding the government taking the extreme step of shutting down the country, the centre said the private sector can only wait for a decision, if any, from the prime minister and the Cabinet.