Sushi Den at Siam Paragon caught with rats in kitchen
Sushi Den, a famous Japanese chain restaurant, has apologized after a customer caught two rats chilling on their suhi prep counter at the Siam Paragon branch this week.
The customer, Narongkrit Suwancharus, told reporters that he was a regular customer of Sushi Den, but he was in absolute shock when he looked up from his smart phone to see two rats chilling in the area where chefs prepare sushi, so he recorded and posted the clip to Facebook.
“I ordered and was waiting for my food. At some point, I looked up from my phone and saw rats! How could they get there!?” he told Morning News.
In the video, one of the rats look like it was sitting in a miso bowl and eating food in it.
Narongkit said he canceled his order that day and left the restaurant.
Sushi Den posted an online announcement last night that it’s closing the Siam Paragon branch today for a “big cleaning.”
“Following the viral video, Sushi Den has been informed of the problem and sincerely apologize for the incident. We will find a solution as soon as possible,” the statement said.
Other Thai Facebook users said that not only Sushi Den has pests running free, other restaurants at Siam Paragon, one of the most luxurious malls in Thailand, also have the same problem.
“It’s not just Sushi Den. The pest problem occurs all over the mall…rats and cockroaches. I’ve seen traces of cockroaches in my cabbage at other restaurants on top floors,” the top comment said.
Another said, “It’s like a lottery. The rats live on the ceiling [of the mall] and they climb down. It all depends on where they go and who happens to see them. This restaurant just got lucky.”