Despite the invocation of the Emergency Decree and night-time curfew from April 3, people are still found to be violating the orders by going outside their homes, Dr Taweesin Visanuyothin, spokesman for the Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration, said on Tuesday (April 7).
So far, 1,293 people have been found to have violated the curfew, a number that is continually rising. Officials have issued a warning to 246 people and have prosecuted 1,047 others. Most of the people in these cases were part of gatherings.
Dr Taweesin is urging people to stay indoors if it is not necessary for them to go outside in order to cut down on the spread of Covid-19. Though the number of new infections has dropped dramatically from hundreds to 38, he said it is not time for people to let their guards down, otherwise the numbers may rise again.