Manchester City Are Cruising Towards The Premier League With A Perfect Ten Just Completed. Manchester United Are Floundering And Were Just Crushed By Everton. Liverpool Continue To Play And Pray. Team News. Manager Comments. Stats, And Prediction.
By: Marc Gingell
This is the big game and all Liverpool fans will be doing something that they might hate! Praying for a United win! City seem totally unstoppable in the Premier League and are on a completely different level to the rest. That includes Liverpool. But with each passing game, there are classic moments, which point to Liverpool having their name on the trophy.
But the Banana skin, to make that happen, has to be activated very soon!
|24-04||Old Trafford||Manchester United||v||Manchester City|
|KO:20.00||REF: A Marriner|
Operation Banana Skin!
Manchester City are on course to win the Premier League and hold all the aces. Manchester United, out of form and in need of manor squad improvements, will find that hard to achieve if they don’t qualify for the Champions League.
City can’t lose tonight. Can they?
On form, the answer is of course not. But this is the Manchester derby with, possibly, a bigger edge than normal.
It’s a massive game and massive players have to step forward. That means Paul Pogba. They don’t come much bigger.
For Operation Banana Skin to work Pogba has to play to his full capacity. And all those around him must play well above their ability. They must play the games of their lives. Even if it means it will end their United careers and hand Liverpool the title.
Manchester United Team News
- Unknown Return Date: Antonio Valencia Knock.
- 75% Chance of Playing: Phil Jones Knock. Eric Bailly Head injury. Ander Herrera Muscle Injury.
Manchester City Team News
- Unknown Return Date: Claudio Bravo Achilles injury.
- 50% Chance of Playing: Kevin De Bruyne Muscle injury.
- This will be the 160th league meeting between Manchester United and Manchester City; the Red Devils have won 62, drawn 51 and lost 46 of the previous such games.
- Manchester City have only lost one of their last seven league visits to Old Trafford (W5 D1), with current boss Pep Guardiola winning both of his Premier League games there by a 2-1 scoreline.
- There have been just six previous Premier League meetings between Man Utd and Man City outside of Saturday or Sunday. Man Utd won the first in November 1994 (5-0) but are winless in the subsequent five (D2 L3).
- No side has won more Premier League away games at Old Trafford than Manchester City (6, level with Chelsea). Manchester City are 2.30 to win half-time/full-time.
- Manchester United have won fewer points than any other side in meetings between the ‘big six’ this season (6), failing to win any of their three home games so far (D2 L1).
- Manchester United are unbeaten in their last 14 home league games (W9 D5).
- Manchester City have scored 155 goals in all competitions this season – the record for an English Football League side in a single campaign is currently 156, held by City themselves in 2013-14.
- No player has scored more goals in Premier League meetings between Manchester United and Manchester City than Man City striker Sergio Aguero (8, level with Wayne Rooney). In fact, only Alan Shearer (10) has scored more Premier League goals against Man Utd than the Argentinian (8).
- Phil Foden scored his first Premier League goal for Man City last time out against Tottenham, aged 18 years and 327 days. Kelechi Iheanacho and Gabriel Jesus are the only teenagers to score in consecutive Premier League games for the Citizens.
- Man Utd’s Paul Pogba has been involved in nine goals in his last eight Premier League games at Old Trafford, scoring eight and assisting one. The Frenchman scored twice in his last league match against Man City, in a 3-2 win at the Etihad last term.
Marcus Rashford and Paul :Pogba to implement Operation Banana Skin.
Manchester United 3 Manchester United 2
If you have any questions or comments please follow the links below. And, if you would like to like or share, that would be appreciated. Thank you.