Pattaya One News
Home » Essential travel ONLY allowed to and from 5 Thai provinces
National News Asia Pattaya News

Essential travel ONLY allowed to and from 5 Thai provinces

Prayut Chan-O-Cha

An announcement in the Royal Gazette states that Samut Sakhon, Chon Buri, Rayong, Trat, and Chanthaburi are designated as the highest level strict control zones and will see tougher travel restrictions.

The local authorities have the power to examine and control the use of transport routes and vehicles. There will be more checkpoints set up to intensify the screening of people entering or leaving the areas. Only essential travel allowed, with the permission of local authorities.

Prime minister Prayut Chan-O-Cha issued the directive under the state of emergency, which has been extended 9 times. The latest extension will last until the end of February.

Residents in these five provinces must use the Mor-Chana or the Thai-Chana tracing applications.

Those found guilty of violation of the new directive are liable to a prison term of up to two years and/or a fine of up to 40,000 THB.

Long lines have formed outside Samut Sakhon’s city hall, with people seeking authorization to leave the province after the new directive, restricting travel to and from the province, came into effect today (Thursday).

First, the five provinces are Chonburi (Pattaya), Rayong, Trat, Nonthaburi, and Samut Sakorn. 

It involves entering and leaving the province.

We are going to focus on needing to leave as that is the majority of our readers.

If you need to enter you will need to visit the district office of the district you are currently in or contact them for the process.

According to Mr. Amnat Charoensri, the Banglamung District Chief, the process is to obtain a registration letter from the Banglamung District Office in Chonburi (Can also go to Muang Pattaya District Office, Municipality Office Subdistrict Administrative Organization Or your village headman’s village head office) to certify the importance and need of traveling inter provincially between high control zones of the five provinces listed above.

If you are not in Pattaya/Banglamung you can go to the district office in your local district.

You will need to provide evidence that your trip out of the province is essential and urgent.

There is not a definitive list of what is urgent and what is not, that is up to the officer to decide. We have been told “If you have to ask if your trip is urgent, it is likely not and stay home and postpone.”

The Banglamung District Office will be open from 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM for this service.

You will also need to provide an identification card or passport and fill out two forms of certificates.  You will need proof that your trip is urgent, such as a doctor’s order or embassy appointment letter.

If you are working, you will need a letter from your employer and proof that your job requires travel. This requires certification and signatures from your manager or owner.  

There is no time frame given for how long approval for documents may take. If you do not have a certificate, you will not be allowed to pass screening points between the provinces.

As of press time, the form is not YET available in English but is coming “soon”. Pictures were taken at Banglamung District Office this morning.

We have been getting a lot of questions, it is important to remember this is a brand new process for everyone, only a few hours old as of press time.

Some of the most popular questions are “If I am going to the airport and have a ticket do I need a certificate” or ” If I am in ASQ do I need a certificate to go to my final destination in a high control district?” There is not a clear answer to questions like this yet but we have been told by the Banglamung District Office that when in doubt, you need a certificate.

If you are going between high control provinces, like Rayong and Chonburi, you will still need a certificate.

thai news aj pattaya news

error: If you would like to use this content, please contact us [email protected]