Pattaya One News
Home » Due to fighting at the SEA games, two Thai national footballers given 6 months ban
Breaking News National News PattayaOne News Sport

Due to fighting at the SEA games, two Thai national footballers given 6 months ban

Following altercations at the SEA Games men’s football final on May 16 in Cambodia, the Football Association (FA) of Thailand has punished three staff members for a year and banned two players from participating in national competitions for six months.

According to a statement from FA Thailand, the televised incident has damaged Thai football’s reputation.

Three members of the Thai national football team’s personnel will be suspended for a year, according to a unanimous decision made by a commission created by the FA Thailand to look into the incident.

They are Mayeed Mudadum, Pattravudh Wongsripeuk, and Prasobchok Chokmor.

According to the committee, as they are senior employees with extensive expertise and have a responsibility to train the players, they ought to have set an example.

However, because they participated in the fights themselves in this instance, the committee imposed the worst punishments.

After being agitated and feeling under pressure throughout the game, Soponwit Rakyart, the goalkeeper, and Teerapak Pruengna, the substitute, joined the fight.

The committee claimed that both young athletes openly apologized for their actions after the incident and felt regret for their actions, which is why they received a lesser punishment. They were barred for six months from participating in any national competition.

In the second half of the game, Thailand was down 2-1 to Indonesia when the referee sounded the whistle to grant Thailand a penalty.

However, the opposing team’s coaches believed the game was over and went onto the field to celebrate.

Thailand was able to tie the game 2-2 thanks to the penalty. After the goal, the Thai team’s coaches and players started making fun of their Indonesian rivals. The first fight, which was broadcast, then happened.

Titan Agung, an Indonesian forward, was seen kicking and swinging at the Thai coaches. Then players from both sides got involved, sparking a melee that cleared the benches.

The brawl had taken over a fourth of the stadium by the time the referees were able to break it up.

Later, Indonesia scored to make the score 3-2, and their players taunted Thailand to avenge themselves. Then another brawl broke out.

After defeating Thailand 5-2, Indonesia was declared the winner of the gold medal.

Related posts

Pattaya One New Thailand, your go-to source for global and local news, alongside effective business advertising opportunities, tailored to the vibrant city of Pattaya.
Translate »