With new measures in order to stop the spread of the Covid-19 virus, a new order has been released and it is quite extensive as it covers every other item already stated closed in the past two weeks.
Key points of Chonburi province COVID19 order, just released. Summary:
-Restaurants may be take away only with the exception of ones in hotels for registered hotel guests.
-No alcohol sales between 6:00 PM and 6:00 AM. In reality, as regular alcohol sales laws apply, this means one can only legally buy between 11:00 AM and 2:00 PM as well as 5:00 PM to 6:00 PM. There is no total ban contrary to fake news that was on the internet yesterday. This is to help prevent gatherings.
-Gatherings in public are prohibited, also specifically requested no gatherings in public places like the beach, parks and public areas of residences, condos, etc. It also basically asks people not to have private gatherings at home. This essentially means no gathering drinking or socializing.
– Beauty salons, private and public, closed.
– Nurseries and Daycare centers closed
– Everything previously announced like bars, clubs, Gogos, non-essential shops in malls, gyms, golf, movies etc. Closed until the situation improves.
-Koh Larn remains closed to non-residents at least until April 10.
– Hardware stores may reopen and are considered essential.
– All public and private including government tourist attractions, cultural or entertainment are closed. If it is a tourist attraction, it must be closed.
– The Beaches remain open during the day. The previous request for people to not be on the beach from 8:00 PM to 6:00 AM stands. People on beaches must practice social distancing and have one to two meters between beach chairs.
– There is no curfew or overall lockdown. People can leave and come but are subject to the checkpoints previously stated in Chonburi.
– There is no end date for this order. It is simply until the situation improves.