A family of 6 were saved from a fire by their good neighbor who climbed onto the roof and helped them jump down to the road.
The fire started downstairs and was reaching the second floor, the family were trapped inside. The incident took place on 10 August 2020 at 00.05 in Phitsanulok Province. Police Major Thanet Wongspring from the Phitsanulok Police Station received a notification about a fire with injured persons.
Police, firefighters, and the local rescue team went to the home in Uea Athon Hua Ro Village.
Officials arrived at a 2 story home, they were able to control the fire after 30 minutes. 4 people had burns on their arms and body after attempting to come down from the second floor.
Arantida Saelo a relative of the injured persons and a resident in the home stated that the family sold chicken at the local market. They returned home as usual after closing down the chicken stall. The family helped put away the leftover chicken meat and headed upstairs to bed.
There are 6 residents in the home including a 3-year-old boy. After a while Arantida noticed a burning smell coming from the first floor.
Arantida woke up other members in the home and they tried to put out the fire. This was no success as the fire spread quickly reaching the stairs.
The family then ran to a window before shouting to the neighbor for help. Thankfully the neighbor was home and helped the family escape the deadly fire. Tanakorn Saithong the neighbor stated that he was still awake when the fire started.
The neighbor noticed a burning smell and tried looking for where the small came from. He saw that his neighbor’s home was on fire and shouted for them to jump out. Tanakorn realized that their roofs connected so he climbed on top and helped pull the family members out.
They then slowly dropped down to the road before notifying the officials. It is estimated that this is an electrical fire that started in an outlet under the stairs.