The Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration announced on 29 September 2020 the 6 groups of foreign visitors allowed into the Kingdom. The Centre also announced the extension of the Emergency Decree until 31 October 2020. The 6 groups of foreign visitors allowed into the country along with the regulations for each group is as follows,
- Foreigners planning to compete in the Royal professional bicycle race taking place from 6-16 October of this year. The route includes many provinces including Samut Songkhram, Petchaburi, Prachuap Khiri Khan, Chumphon, Ranong, and Surat Thani. Participants will be at the State Quarantine Center Royal Rattanakosin Hotel.
- Thai Airways Pilots and Crew on Pepatriation Flights bringing Thais back home and sport participants into the Nation. Those on the flight will be quarantined in a state quarantine center. At least 300 persons are estimated to be in this group.
- Non-Immigrant Visa Holders traveling into Thailand. The foreigners must show their 6-month statement with at least 500,000 THB of deposits.
- Special Tourist Visa Holders planning for Long Stay in the Nation. Foreigners will have to quarantine for 14 days at the state quarantine center in the province where they are traveling to. Foreigners can travel within a 1-kilometer radius. After they are confirmed to not be infected with Covid-19, the foreigners can leave the state quarantine center and remain in Thailand for 90 days. Visas can be extended 2 times, a total of 270 days. If they wish to travel into a different province they must quarantine again for 7 days.
- APEC Card holders, these are businessmen approved by 18 Apec countries. This is to help boost Thailand’s economy. The businessmen allowed in are limited to low-risk countries including New Zealand, Australia, Singapore, Malaysia, Korea, China, Hongkong.
- Short term and Long term visitors can travel into the nation for 60 days. Another 30-day extension is allowed with an exception, provided that the foreigners must show their 6-month statement with at least 500,000 THB of deposits. The Ministry of Foreign Affairs will determine whether the visitor can apply for the 30-day extension.
FB Caption: The Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration announced on 29 September 2020 the 6 groups of foreign visitors allowed into the Kingdom