Three employees were killed and four others were injured in an explosion and fire at a smelting works in Photharam district of Thailand’s Ratchaburi province last night (Saturday).
Police said that three electricians were sent to the works to repair a malfunctioning control board but, while they were working on the device, it exploded and started a fire.
Other factory workers rushed to their rescue, using a fire extinguisher and water, but four of them received electrical shocks. The fire was brought under control shortly afterward.
All the injured were taken to the district hospital, where the three electricians were reported to have died as the result of severe burns.