Crystal Palace Move Up To 39 Points Thanks To Another Luka Milivojevic Penalty. Match Highlights. Manager Comments. Player Ratings and Stats.
By: Marc Gingell
|6/4/2019||St. James’ Park||Newcastle United||0-1||Crystal Palace|
|KO:15:00||ATT: 51,926||Luka Milivojevic 81′ pen|
|REF: S Attwell|
Luka Milivojevic On The Spot Again
Crystal Palace have scored 39 goals this season and Luka Milivojevic is their top scorer with 11. Ten of them of have come from penalties. He’s scored one goal from open play, against Leicester, and missed one penalty this season against Everton.
He tucked this penalty away in the 81st minute after Wilfried Zaha had been taken out by DeAndre Yedlin. It’s the same scenario for most Palace penalties. Zaha is fouled and Milivojevic converts.
Six In The Last Quarter Of Games
Six of Milivojevic’s penalties have been scored on or after 75 minutes which suggests that as the game progresses, and defenders tire, they are more likely to bring Zaha down in the box. Another two have been awarded after half-time with only two before the break.
The one he missed, when Palace lost 2-0 at Everton, came in the 59th minute when Jordan Pickford saved with his feet. For the record, Seamus Coleman fouled Zaha that time.
Newcastle: Dubravka (6), Yedlin (5), Schar (6), Lascelles (6), Lejeune (7), Hayden (6), Ki Sung-yeung (6), Ritchie (6), Perez (6), Almiron (6), Rondon (6)
Subs: Dummett (6), Shelvey (NA), Atsu (NA)
Crystal Palace: Guaita (6), Wan-Bissaka (7), Tomkins (7), Kelly (8), Van Aanholt (7), Milivojevic (8), McArthur (7), Zaha (7), Townsend (7), Schlupp (7), Batshuayi (6)
Subs: Benteke (5), Dann (6), Kouyate (NA)
Man of the match: Martin Kelly
- Crystal Palace have won 59 per cent of their Premier League points away from home this season (23/39), the highest such ratio in the division.
- Newcastle are winless in all 11 of their Premier League games against London sides this season, drawing two and losing nine.
- Crystal Palace won despite having just three shots on goal in this match – no side has won a Premier League game with fewer attempts this season (Burnley vs Cardiff in September, also three).
- Newcastle have lost their last two Premier League games, as many as they had in their previous nine in the competition (W5 D2 L2).
- Crystal Palace’s Luka Milivojevic has scored 13 per cent of all the penalty goals in the Premier League this season (10/76).
If you have any questions or comments please follow the links below. And, if you would like to like or share, that would be appreciated. Thank you.