The confirmed death toll from Storm Dianmu’s passage through Thailand has risen to seven, with flooding persisting in 16 provinces, the Department of Disaster Prevention and Mitigation reported on Wednesday.
From Sept 23 flooding caused by the storm affected 197,795 families in 30 provinces. Seven people were confirmed to have died in the floods. One person was still missing.
The department reported on Wednesday that floodwater remained in 16 provinces:
– Sukhothai, with subsiding floodwater in Si Samrong, Khiri Mat and Muang districts
– Phitsanulok, with stable flood levels in Wang Thong district
– Phetchabun, with stable floodwater in Nong Phai, Wichian Buri, Si Thep, Muang and Bung Sam Phan districts
– Phichit, with stable flood levels in Bung Na Rang, Pho Prathap Chang, Pho Thale and Sam Ngam districts
– Kamphaeng Phet, with stable floodwater in Pang Sila Thong district
– Khon Kaen, with stable floodwater in Khok Phochai, Mancha Khiri and Waeng Noi districtsAds by optAd360
– Chaiyaphum with rising flood levels in Muang, Nong Bua Rawe, Chaturat, Noen Sa-nga, Ban Khwao, Phu Khieo, Bamnet Narong, Kaset Sombun, Khon San, Nong Bua Daeng, BanThaen and Khon Sawan districts
– Nakhon Ratchasima, with rising floodwater in Dan Khun Thot, Sung Noen, Non Sung, Muang, Phimai, Pak Thong Chai, Non Thai, Khong Pra Thong Kham, Chakkarat, Sida, Kham Sakae Saeng and Ban Luam districts
– Ubon Ratchathani, with flooding in low-lying areas in Muang and Warin Chamrap districts
– Nakhon Sawan, with stable floodwater in Lat Yao and Tha Tako districts
– Uthai Thani, with stable flood levels in Sawang Arom, Muang, Lan Sak, Ban Rai and Thap Than districts
– Chai Nat, with stable floodwater in Manorom, Wat Sing, Noen Kham and Hankha districts
– Lop Buri, with rising flood levels in Muang, Chai Badan, Ban Mi, Khok Samrong, Tha Wung and Phatthana Nikhom districts
– Suphan Buri, with stable floodwater in Bang Pla Ma and Song Phi Nong districts
– Sing Buri, with stable flood levels in In Buri, Muang Sing and Khai Bang Rachan districts
– Ayutthaya, with rising floodwater in Phak Hai, Sena and Bang Ban districts.