A blown fuse is being blamed for a pump failure that caused sewage to spill into Pattaya Bay near Walking Street last month.
Pattaya spokesman Pinit Maneerat said May 14 that the April 27 spill came after a high-voltage fuse in the South Pattaya pumping station burned out. As a result, sewage mixed with storm runoff to dump smelly, black wastewater into the sea and on to the sand near the opening of the nightlife strip.
Photos of the mess on social media embarrassed the city.
He said the Sanitation and Engineering departments worked to fix the pump and rewire the circuitry to prevent another overload.