A Pathum Thani man catching fish in a private pond was electrocuted sometime overnight Monday, probably by inadvertently grabbing a live electric wire ringing the pond to prevent poaching.
The body of Boonruam Tri-inthong, 36, was found lying beside the pond in Tambon Bang Luang, Muang Pathum Thani, at 6am Tuesday.
There was an electrical burn on his left hand.
Pond owner Sam-ang Preethong, 67, said he came out to feed his fish and found the body, Boonruam’s motorcycle, a fishing net and a bag containing his catch.
The body was sent to Thammsat University Hospital for an autopsy.