Everton Starting To Get Back On Track For Europa League Place: Highlights. Manager Comments. Player Ratings & Stats.
By Marc Gingell
|30.03. 17:30||London Stadium||
|REF: P Tierney|
|ATT: 59,988||Kurt Zouma 5′|
Everton Dominate At London Stadium
When Everton lost at Anfield their season, which up to that point had gone quite well, went into freefall. The impact of that defeat hit hard especially as they were heading for a well-earned point. They did manage a point against their Merseyside rivals at Goodison Park and now they’ve beaten West Ham and Chelsea. But they did lose 3-2 at Newcastle after taking a 2-0 lead.
First Half Goals
Kurt Zouma, on five minutes, put Everton in front with a header. On 33 minutes Everton’s Seamus Coleman slide a low cross to Bernard who scored with a tap-in.
West Ham: Fabianski (6), Zabaleta (5), Diop (5), Ogbonna (6), Cresswell (5), Rice (6), Obiang (4), Snodgrass (5), Lanzini (5), Perez (4), Arnautovic (5).
Subs: Antonio (5), Hernandez (5), Diangana (5).
Everton: Pickford (7), Coleman (7), Keane (7), Zouma (8), Digne (8), Gueye (7), Gomes (7), Richarlison (8), Sigurdsson (8), Bernard (8), Calvert-Lewin (7).
Subs: Davies (n/a), Walcott (n/a), Tosun (n/a).
Man of the Match: Bernard
- West Ham lost for the first time in their last seven Premier League games at London Stadium (W4 D2).
Everton have netted 2+ goals in three consecutive away Premier League games for the first time since December 2016.
- West Ham mustered three shots in the game, their lowest tally in a home Premier League game since 2005-06.
- Everton secured a victory for the first time in their last 11 Premier League games in London (D3 L7).
Everton boss Marco Silva ended a run of nine matches in London without a win in all competitions (W0 D1 L8).
- Everton’s Kurt Zouma has scored two goals in 26 Premier League games this season, as many as he netted in his previous four campaigns in the competition (2 in 81 apps).
- Everton winger Bernard scored his first Premier League goal in his 28th appearance in the competition, ending a run of 1585 minutes without a goal.
If you have any questions or comments please follow the links below. And, if you would like to like or share, that would be appreciated. Thank you.