Premier League Tuesday – Manchester United Can Go Third Whilst Watford Can Push Fulham Closer To The Trap Door!
By Marc Gingell
|2/4/2019||KO:19:45||Vicarage Road||Watford||v||Fulham||REF: R East|
|2/4/2019||KO:19:45||Molineux Stadium||Wolves||v||Man Utd||REF: M Dean|
Watford (10) Fulham (19)
Watford were unlucky to come away from Old Trafford with nothing on Saturday and should be too strong for Fulham especially if Aleksandar Mitrovic fails his late fitness test.
Watford Team News
- Unknown Return Date: Tom Cleverley Calf injury.
- 75% Chance of Playing: Isaac Success Knock. Adalberto Peñaranda Hamstring injury.
Fulham Team News
- Unknown Return Date: Marcus Bettinelli Knee injury.
- Expected Back 06 Apr. Alfie Mawson Lack of match fitness.
- 75% Chance of Playing: Aleksandar Mitrovic Abdominal injury.
- This is the fourth PL meeting between the sides – all 3 previous meetings have been drawn.
- The meeting earlier this season finished 1-1 at Craven Cottage, Sept 22 – Andre Gray (2) put Watford ahead but Aleksandar Mitrovic (78) equalised for Fulham.
- Watford’s last win was 1-0 in the Championship at Vicarage Road, Mar 2015 – Troy Deeney (9) scored. Slavisa Jokanovic was Watford Manager.
- Fulham’s last win was 3-1 Div 1 at Vicarage Road, Jan 2001. Luis Boa Morte (2) and Louis Saha scored for Jean Tigana’s Cottagers. Sub Heidar Helguson (79) scored for Graham Taylor’s Hornets.
- Watford won 5-0 at Craven Cottage in Dec 2014 – Troy Deeney scored a hat-trick and Almen Abdi scored 2 for Jokanovic’s side. Kit Symons was in charge of Fulham.
- Watford are unbeaten in the last 5 meetings between the two sides (W2 D3).
Andre Gray could be the game changer.
Watford 3 – 0 Fulham
Wolves (7) Man Utd. (5)
Man Utd. will be on a double mission tonight. One to gain revenge for their FA Cup Quarter-Final defeat and two to climb into 3rd place in the Premier League.
Wolves Team News
Wolves have no injuries or suspensions.
Man Utd. Team News
- Unknown Return Date: Antonio Valencia Knock. Matteo Darmian Knock.
- Expected Back 21 Apr. Alexis Sánchez Knee Injury.
- 75% Chance of Playing: Eric Bailly Head injury.
- Wolves have alternated between victory and defeat in their four previous Premier League home games against Man Utd, losing 0-5 the last time the sides faced each other at Molineux in March 2012.
- Manchester United are looking to avoid consecutive away defeats against Wolves in all competitions for the first time since August 1980.
- Following their 2-1 win against them in the FA Cup quarter-final, Wolves are looking to beat Manchester United twice in the same season for the first time since 1979-80, when they won both top-flight games against the Red Devils.
- The last time Man Utd failed to win home or away against a promoted side in a single Premier League campaign was back in 2002-03, drawing at home and losing away at Manchester City.
- Wolves have won more points against ‘big six’ sides in the Premier League this season than any of the other 14 teams in the competition (10 – W2 D4 L3).
- Following a run of six away wins in the Premier League, Manchester United lost 2-0 on the road last time out against Arsenal. They’ve not lost consecutive away games in the league since February 2018.
- Wolves are unbeaten in four home Premier League games (W3 D1), keeping a clean sheet in two of the last three.
- Wolves’ Diogo Jota has had a hand in eight goals in his last six Premier League games at Molineux (5 goals, 3 assists), having failed to score or assist a single goal in his first six at the ground.
- Paul Pogba has been directly involved in five of Manchester United’s last eight away goals in the Premier League (2 goals, 3 assists).
- 11 of Wolves’ last 15 home goals in the Premier League have been scored by either Raul Jimenez (6) or Diogo Jota (5).
United seem to be over their major injury problems and can take revenge for their recent FA Cup defeat.
Wolves 0 – 2 Man Utd.
Mike Dean Special Update:
Referee Mike Dean is still stuck in his nervous nineties. That’s 99 Red Premier League Cards.
Possible candidates for number 100 tonight:
- Willy Boly
- Conor Coady
- Ashley Young
- Chris Smalling
If you have any questions or comments please follow the links below. And, if you would like to like or share, that would be appreciated. Thank you.