Pattaya One News
Home » Thai woman burnt alive after phone sets house on fire

Thai woman burnt alive after phone sets house on fire

woman burnt alive

A Thai woman was burned alive after a charging phone exploded and set her wooden house on fire while she slept, police believe.

Nisachol Sawasdiwong, 33, and her husband, Yothin, 36, were in bed together when flames engulfed the property in Nakhon Si Thammarat, southern Thailand last Thursday (December 19) morning.

The husband managed to stumble out of the home and before losing consciousness, said his wife had collapsed as she tried to escape.

Fire crews who extinguished the blaze later found wife’s charred corpse in the smouldering ruins.

The husband was rushed to hospital but has not regained consciousness and is in a critical condition.

Police put forward a theory that the fire was a possible cover-up by the husband to hide the murder of his attractive, younger wife.

However, fire crews said the blaze was caused by a short circuit from a smartphone which was plugged into the mains while it charged overnight.

Post mortem examinations also discovered that the wife’s injuries were caused by the intense heat from the inferno.

Police colonel Chokdee Rakwattanapong from the Tung Yai district police station said: ”The fire investigation team found that an electrical short from a mobile phone charger caused the fire.

”This spread to the house while the man and woman were sleeping.

”Further autopsies from doctors confirmed that the wife died due to heat from the fire.”




Please follow and like us:
Global news and Local news in Thailand and Pattaya with Business advertising
Translate »