Pattaya One News
Home »
Pattaya News

Thai man in Chonburi dies from electric shock while playing with his charging phone

A 28-year-old Thai man has been pronounced dead from electric shock at 7:00 PM this evening at his home in the Nong Hiang subdistrict in Chonburi.

Captain Isara Arroka led the investigation from the Phanat Nikhom Police Station.

Captain Arroka, along with rescue personnel, discovered the body of Mr. Kittisak Moonkitti, 28, lying on a mattress with one hand on a cell phone attached to a charging station and plugged into an electrical outlet. He had significant burn marks on his hand.

The mother of the victim and witness, Miss Rinnaphon Moonkitti, 57, said she had gone to get her son for dinner this evening and discovered him. She initially thought he was sleeping but upon trying to wake him up was shocked to discover he was already deceased.

A doctor at the scene said the cause of death was likely electric shock in a “freak” accident. This is the second time this has happened in Chonburi in recent months. However, an autopsy will be performed on the body to determine the exact cause of death.





%d bloggers like this: