The Foreign Ministry has added China’s Sinopharm jab to its list of vaccines whose recipients qualify for a reduced quarantine period of seven days in Thailand.
The ministry has also updated the application process for certificates of entry (COE) to Thailand at the website
Thais and foreigners travelling to Thailand must apply for a COE by filling in the application form and uploading their vaccine certificate documents at the website.
The Sinopharm vaccine becomes the eighth jab accepted under the seven-day quarantine measure. All eight vaccines have been registered by Thailand or certified by the World Health Organisation.
1. Sinovac vaccine (CoronaVac
2. AstraZeneca-Oxford University vaccine (AZD 1222)
3. AstraZeneca-Oxford University vaccine manufactured by SK Bioscience (S Korea)
4. Johnson & Johnson vaccine (Ad26.COV2.S)
5. Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine (Tozinameran)
6. Indian Serum Institute vaccine (Covishield)
7. Moderna vaccine (mRNA-1273)
8. Sinopharm vaccine (Beijing Institute of Biological Products)