Liverpool Face Chelsea In What Promises To Be An Anfield Fire Cracker! Team News. Manager Comments, Stats, and Prediction.
By: Marc Gingell
Chelsea Away Day Premier League Struggles
When these two teams met at Stamford Bridge, at the end of September, Liverpool escaped with a point after Daniel Sturridge’s 89th minute equaliser. But Chelsea, on the road just lately, have not been that great. They struggled to win, 2-1, at both Cardiff and Fulham. Before that, they lost 2-0 at Everton, 6-0 at Manchester City, 4-0 at Bournemouth, and 2-0 at Arsenal.
|KO:16:30||REF: M Oliver|
Liverpool Team News
- Unknown Return Date: Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain Lack of match fitness.
- 75% Chance of Playing: Adam Lallana Knock.
Joe Gomez does seem to have recovered from his leg injury but Jürgen Klopp does not want to rush him back into the team
Chelsea Team News
- 75% Chance of Playing: Ethan Ampadu Back injury.
- Liverpool haven’t won any of their last six Premier League games at Anfield against Chelsea (D4 L2); the Reds have never endured a longer winless home run against an opponent in the competition.
- Chelsea have only lost twice in their last 16 meetings with Liverpool in all competitions (W6 D8), though both of those defeats came at Stamford Bridge. The Blues’ last defeat at Anfield came back in May 2012 in the Premier League (1-4).
- Chelsea have already won away at Liverpool this season, beating them 2-1 in the Carabao Cup. They’ve never won twice at Anfield within the same season, with Arsenal in 2006-07 the last side to do so against Liverpool.
- Liverpool are unbeaten in their last 37 Premier League games at Anfield – only once in their top-flight history have they had a longer unbeaten home run (63 between Feb 1978-Dec 1980).
- Chelsea have lost their last five Premier League away games against fellow ‘big six’ opponents, including all three this season by an aggregate score of 1-11. However, the Blues have won three of their last four away league games against sides starting the day top, including a 2-0 victory at Anfield in April 2014.
- Chelsea have won three Premier League games in a row for the first time since September 2018, when they won their first five matches in the competition under Maurizio Sarri.
- Liverpool striker Daniel Sturridge netted the equaliser for his side at Stamford Bridge in the reverse fixture back in September; the only player to previously net both home and away against the Blues within the same campaign was Fabio Borini, who did so for Sunderland during the 2015-16 season.
- Only three of the last 32 visiting managers have managed to taste victory in their first Premier League trip to Anfield (W3 D5 L24); Louis van Gaal in March 2015, Slaven Bilic in August 2015 and most recently, Paul Clement in January 2017.
- Roberto Firmino has scored seven goals in his last six Premier League home games for Liverpool.
- However, the Brazilian has only faced Manchester United (8) and Everton (7) more often than Chelsea (5) without finding the net in the Premier League.
- Chelsea’s Eden Hazard has had a hand in more goals than any other Premier League player this season (28 – 16 goals and 12 assists). The only league season in which the Belgian has been involved in more goals was in 2011/12 with Ligue 1 club Lille (36).
This game will be a big test for Chelsea and Liverpool can put down a huge marker in their quest for the title.
Liverpool 4 Chelsea 0
If you have any questions or comments please follow the links below. And, if you would like to like or share, that would be appreciated. Thank you.