Hammers To Put A Dent In Chelsea’s Hopes Of Moving Into Top Three! Manager Comments. Team News. Stats and Prediction.
By: Marc Gingell
|8/4/2019||Stamford Bridge||Chelsea||v||West Ham United|
|KO:20:00||REF: C Kavanagh|
Chelsea (5) West Ham United (11)
Three points for Chelsea will push them up to third and with home advantage they have a good opportunity. West Ham were poor last time out and well beaten at home by Everton. They haven’t won on the road this year.
Chelsea Team News
- 75% Chance Of Playing: Marcos Alonso Hamstring injury. Pedro Muscle injury. Ruben Loftus-Cheek Hamstring injury. Ethan Ampadu Back injury.
West Ham United Team News
- Unknown Return Date: Winston Reid Lack of match fitness. Andriy Yarmolenko Achilles injury. Jack Wilshere Ankle injury. Carlos Sánchez Knee injury. Andy Carroll Ankle injury.
- 75% Chance of Playing: Samir Nasri Calf injury.
- Chelsea are unbeaten in their last 12 home league meetings with West Ham (W8 D4) since a 2-3 loss in September 2002.
- West Ham are unbeaten in their last three Premier League games against Chelsea (W1 D2), last having a longer unbeaten run against the Blues between March 1998 and March 2000 (5 games).
- Chelsea have lost three home Premier League London derbies over the past four seasons (W9 D4 L3) – as many as they had in the previous 11 campaigns in the competition (W34 D13 L3).
- After a run of eight London derby matches without a win (D5 L3), West Ham have won four of their last five in the Premier League (D1).
- Chelsea haven’t lost a home Premier League game on a Monday since December 1994 (2-3 vs Man Utd), winning 11 and drawing three since.
- No side has conceded fewer home goals than Chelsea in the Premier League this season (10).
- West Ham are unbeaten in their last 17 Premier League games in which they’ve scored this season (W12 D5) since a 1-3 loss at Arsenal in August. It’s the longest current such run in the division.
- West Ham striker Javier Hernandez has scored in each of his last four Premier League away games against Chelsea. Only four players have scored in five consecutive away Premier League games against an opponent – Dion Dublin vs Tottenham, Alan Shearer vs Leeds, Ruud van Nistelrooy vs Newcastle and Robert Pires vs Tottenham.
- Chelsea’s Olivier Giroud has had a hand in nine goals in 11 Premier League games against West Ham (6 goals, 3 assists) – against no side has he been involved in more.
- Chelsea’s Eden Hazard has been directly involved in nine goals in his last nine Premier League games at Stamford Bridge (4 goals, 5 assists).
West Ham to cause an upset.