Thirty-two rubber ducks have been removed from a bulldog’s belly in emergency veterinary surgery in Thailand.
Owner Nong Aom took her two-year-old American Bully, Devil, to the vet after he began retching at her home in Pattaya, Thailand on Wednesday.
She discovered Devil had raided a box of 50 yellow ducks she’d bought the night before to decorate her swimming pool.
Almost all of the rubber ducks were missing and she immediately suspected that Devil had gobbled them.
Devil spat out one half-chewed duck then began to vomit five more – but there were still 32 left in his stomach.
Panic-stricken Nong Aom immediately rushed the pooch to the nearest vets.
Veterinarian, Muy, X-rayed the dog and discovered 32 ducks all crammed inside his belly. Staff began emergency surgery to remove them.
Stomach-churning footage from the afternoon shows how the vets were plucking out yellow ducks from his belly one by-one during an operation that lasted more than one hour.
Thirty-two small ducks were eventually removed in his stomach, along with two pieces of rubber balls and an undigested cow-skin snack.
The innocent bulldog, who was was unhurt and aware of the trouble he caused, bounded out to see his owner after waking up from an anesthetic.
Nong Aom said: ‘Normally my dog will not eat everything. He knows what’s edible and what’s not. But this time he swallowed 38 of the ducks.
‘There were 12 left and he would have eaten the rest if he didn’t start to feel sick.
‘It’s very lucky I found him and I live so close to the vets or he might not have survived.’
Nong Aom said she bought the box of 50 rubber ducks on Tuesday night which she wanted to use to decorate a swimming pool.
She believes that Devil had raided the box and ate the ducks during the night. She then found him the next morning when he was unwell.
The vet, Muy, said that this is the first time she found so many rubber ducks in a dog.
She said: ‘I have removed rubber toys from dogs’ bellies before but I have never encountered this many. It was unbelievable.
‘Rubber ducks and other small toys are very dangerous. You have to be careful because dogs are very innocent and don’t know that toys are not meant to be eaten.’