Liverpool Have Yet Another Opportunity For A Short Stay At The Top Of The Premier League As They Continue Their Incredible Play And Pray Season! Team News. Manager Comments. Stats, And Prediction.
By: Marc Gingell
Liverpool enter St. Jame’s Park knowing they can’t expect any favours from their old boss Rafa Benitez who will be looking to finish with a good home performance. Having beaten Manchester City Benitez will be hoping for a unique double.
|4/5/2019||St. James’ Park||Newcastle United (14)||v||Liverpool (2)|
|KO:19:45||REF: A Marriner|
Newcastle Team News
- Unknown Return Date: Florian Lejeune Knee injury. Sean Longstaff Knee injury. Miguel Almirón Hamstring injury. DeAndre Yedlin Groin injury.
Liverpool Team News
- Unknown Return Date: Naby Keita Thigh injury.
- 75% Chance of Playing: Adam Lallana Knock.
- Newcastle United have only lost one of their last seven home Premier League games against Liverpool (0-6 in April 2013), winning four and drawing the other two.
- Liverpool have won their last two Premier League games against Newcastle – they haven’t won three in a row against them since a run of four between November 2007 and May 2009.
- Liverpool have lost 10 away Premier League games against Newcastle, only losing more against Man Utd (16), Chelsea (14) and Spurs (12).
- Newcastle have won their last four home league matches in the month of May, scoring 13 goals and conceding just once.
- Newcastle have won six of their last seven Premier League home games, netting at least twice in each victory (L1).
- Liverpool have won their last seven Premier League matches, scoring 20 goals and conceding five. The Reds are on the longest current unbeaten run in the Premier League (15 games, W11 D4).
- Newcastle manager Rafael Benitez has only faced Birmingham City (8) more often in the Premier League without winning than he has versus former side Liverpool (P5 W0 D3 L2).
- Newcastle’s Ayoze Perez has scored in three consecutive Premier League games, netting five goals in total. Indeed, he’s scored seven goals in his last seven games in the competition, as many as he had in his previous 33.
- After a run of six Premier League games without a goal, Liverpool’s Mohamed Salah has scored four in his last four in the competition.
- Liverpool defender Andrew Robertson has provided 11 Premier League assists this season – no defender has ever supplied more in a single campaign in the competition. The Scotsman has provided the most assists of any player not to score themselves in the Premier League this season.
This will be a tough one for Newcastle and an early goal will settle their nerves.
Newcastle 0 Liverpool 3
If you have any questions or comments please follow the links below. And, if you would like to like or share, that would be appreciated. Thank you.