Pattaya One News
Home » Mum-of-four has both hands amputated and left in coma after being bitten by family dog
International

Mum-of-four has both hands amputated and left in coma after being bitten by family dog

A MUM-OF-FOUR had both her hands amputated and was left in a coma after she was bitten by her family dog.

Michelle Ellis was left with a small wound after the dog bit her on January 16 when she put it in its cage.

Michelle Ellis was left with a small wound after being bitten by her dog. It is unclear if the dog pictured is the one which bit her
Michelle Ellis was left with a small wound after being bitten by her dog. It is unclear if the dog pictured is the one which bit herCredit: Facebook
Michelle and her oldest daughter Keana
Michelle and her oldest daughter KeanaCredit: BPM Media

Over the next few days her condition severely worsened and she developed sepsis.

She was placed into an induced coma at Derriford Hospital in Plymouth and put on dialysis.

Her sister Melanie Ellis said she suffered multiple organ failure and was sedated for two weeks.

Melanie said: “Her kidneys are still not working and the extent of the damage caused is uncertain at this time.

“She is still unaware of the situation with her hands, they are waiting to see if she is strong enough to absorb this.”

Melanie said it will cost £32,000 for each hand to be replaced which a prosthetic one, which will need to be renewed every five years.

The Covid pandemic means Michelle’s worried family have not been able to visit her.

The family has launched a £100,000 fundraiser and so far £2,000 has been donated.

Her daughter Keana, 24, said: “The fundraiser is to help pay for her rehabilitation and any costs that will come along with that.”

She said the family dog bit her as her mum put him in his cage.

Keana said: “It was a tiny bite – around the size of a cigarette burn – so nothing was thought of it and she left it – and then this happened.”

The dog is expected to be put down.

Michelle is pictured with her daughter Keana. Michelle was placed in an induced coma after being bitten by her dog
Michelle is pictured with her daughter Keana. Michelle was placed in an induced coma after being bitten by her dogCredit: GoFundMe

SUNIT

error: If you would like to use this content, please contact us [email protected]