Manchester City Welcome Leicester City Who Are Chasing A City Double. It Can’t Happen! Can It? Team News. Manager Comments. Stats and Prediction.
By: Marc Gingell
On Boxing Day Ricardo Pereira scored an 81st minute winner as Leicester beat Manchester City 2-1 at the King Power Stadium. City did have Fabian Delph sent off in that game but that didn’t happen until the 89th minute.
|6/5/2019||Etihad Stadium||Manchester City (2)||v||Leicester City (9)|
|KO:20:00||REF: M Dean|
Two old Liverpool bosses are part of this weekend’s title challenge with Rafa Benitez already playing his part as Liverpool won 3-2 at Newcastle late on Saturday. Now Brendan Rodgers has to step up to the plate and answer all Liverpool fans prayers.
Manchester City Team News
- Unknown Return Date: Claudio Bravo Achilles injury. Kevin De Bruyne Muscle injury.
- 75% Chance of Playing: Fernandinho Knee injury.
Leicester Team News
- Unknown Return Date: Daniel Amartey Leg injury.
Mike Dean takes charge of this one and he’s still stuck on 100 Red Cards. Dean could play a part in this one with an early red for someone like Kyle Walker!
- Manchester City have won three of their last four Premier League meetings with Leicester.
- Leicester are looking to complete the top-flight double over Manchester City for the first time since the 1986-87 campaign, while they’re also looking to do the double against the reigning top-flight champions for the first time since 1985-86 against Everton.
- Manchester City have won three of their last four Premier League home games against Leicester, having lost their first three such games against the Foxes.
- Manchester City have won each of their last 12 Premier League games – it’s the fifth run of a team winning 12+ games in a row in the competition’s history, with Man City the only side to have done so twice.
- Leicester have never won away from home on a Monday in the Premier League, drawing three and losing eight of their 11 such matches.
- Man City haven’t lost their last home league game of the season since 2012-13 (2-3 vs Norwich), winning four and drawing one since.
- Man City have won eight of their last 10 Premier League home games in May (D2), scoring 29 goals and conceding just five in that run.
- Pep Guardiola has lost two Premier League games against Leicester as Man City boss – only against Chelsea (3) has the Spaniard lost more in the competition.
- Sergio Aguero has scored 15 Premier League home goals for Man City this season – only in 2011-12 (16) has he scored more at the Etihad in a single campaign in the competition.
- Since his Premier League debut in 2014-15, Jamie Vardy has scored more goals against ‘big six’ opponents than any other player in the competition (31).
When it comes to big games Jamie Vardy steps up to the plate and does the business big time. He tops the big boys scoring in big games Premier League table and he can fire Leicester to a season City double.
Manchester City 1 Leicester City 2
If you have any questions or comments please follow the links below. And, if you would like to like or share, that would be appreciated. Thank you.