Pattaya One News
Home » Man, 19, arrested on suspicion of murder after teenager shot dead
International News

Man, 19, arrested on suspicion of murder after teenager shot dead

A man has been arrested on suspicion of murder after a teenager was shot in the head in north London.

The victim has been named as 19-year-old Taylor Cox from Barnet.

The incident happened in a residential area in broad daylight near a primary school.

Police were called to Hornsey Rise Gardens in Islington shortly before 4.30pm on Tuesday after neighbours reported hearing gunshots.

Emergency services rushed to the scene and found the teenager suffering injuries.

He was airlifted to hospital but was later pronounced dead.

A post-mortem examination gave the cause of death as a gunshot wound to the head.

[VICTIM]: Taylor Cox, who was aged 19 Detectives have named the victim of a fatal shooting in Islington as Taylor Cox, who was aged 19 and lived in Barnet. Taylor's family are aware and continue to be supported by specialist officers. Police were called at 16:24hrs on Tuesday, 8 June to reports of shots fired in Hornsey Rise Gardens, N19. Officers attended along with London Ambulance Service and London's Air Ambulance. They found Taylor with a gunshot injury to his head. He was taken to hospital where he was later pronounced dead.
Taylor Cox, 19, (Picture: Met Police)

The Met said on Saturday a 19-year-old man had been arrested on suspicion of murder.

He has been taken to a London police station where he remains in custody.
Inquiries into the circumstances continue.

Detective Chief Inspector Linda Bradley, who is leading the investigation, has called for witnesses to come forward.

She said: ‘We’re working with colleagues across the Metropolitan Police Service to identify those responsible for this most horrific attack, committed with a firearm in broad daylight in a residential area next to a primary school.

‘Taylor’s family have lost him in the cruellest way imaginable and they deserve our fullest commitment in seeking justice.

‘I have no doubt that there are persons out there who know who committed this act and I’m asking them to make contact with us.’

She added: ‘Silence protects violent criminals. It is imperative that police and communities work together to apprehend those who are intent on committing serious violence and take them off our streets.

‘What matters most is that you tell us what you know, and we find those responsible.’

The arrest comes after a 15-year-old boy was charged with murder over the death of another teenager.

Jalan Woods-Bell was stabbed in the middle of a west London street during the morning school run on Friday.

The suspect, who has not been named, appeared in custody at Willesden Magistrates’ Court on Saturday.

MRTO

error: If you would like to use this content, please contact us [email protected]