Pattaya One News
Home » Koh Kradan’s environment is coming under increasing scrutiny
Environmental Issues National Pattaya News PattayaOne News tourism

Koh Kradan’s environment is coming under increasing scrutiny

Koh Kradan’s environment is coming under increasing scrutiny after it was named the best beach in the world, resulting in a massive increase in visitors.

After the UK’s World Beach Guide named the island off the coast of Trang province the best beach in the world for 2023, visitors increased sixfold, from 300 to 2,000 per day.

Koh Kradan is famed for its coral reefs teeming with marine life, palm-fringed powdery white sands, and crystal-clear waters.

On the tiny island in the Andaman Sea, officials and locals are equally worried about the present high number of visitors.

In order to identify measures to deal with the increase in visitors, Trang’s governor will collaborate with Tourism Minister Phiphat Ratchakitprakarn.

From July 1 to August 31, the island and the adjacent Hat Chao Mai National Park will be off limits so that the beaches, coral reefs, and marine life can recover.

Two weeks ago, Koh Kradan won the title of #1 beach in the world, defeating some of the most well-known stretches of sand on the planet.

The only accommodations on the island, though, are the Seven Seas Resort, Mook Lanta Resort, Reef Resort, Koh Kradan Beach Resort, Ao Niang Beach Resort, Kalume Kradan Village, and Paradise Lost Resort.

During the Songkran holiday last weekend, Koh Kradan’s lodging was completely filled, and demand even spread to 40-minute-away islands like Koh Mook and Koh Libong.

The islands’ natural ecology will be safeguarded from the sudden increase in tourists by the tourism and environment ministries’ efforts to minimize congestion.

According to tourism statistics, foreign visitors make up the majority of arrivals (60%) and are primarily from Europe. They stay an average of 3-5 nights. Thai tourists make up the other 40%.

For 2023, five beaches in Thailand made the top 100 list. Railay Beach in Krabi (9th), Freedom Beach in Phuket (18th), Hat Laem Haad on Koh Yao Yai in Phang Nga (21st), and Ao Ton Sai on Koh Tao in Surat Thani (44th) round out the top five beaches alongside Koh Kradan.

Pattaya One New Thailand, your go-to source for global and local news, alongside effective business advertising opportunities, tailored to the vibrant city of Pattaya.
Translate »