Huddersfield Are Officially Relegated At Selhurst Park – The Ground Where Their Premier League Journey Began! Highlights. Manager Comments. Player Ratings. Stats.
By Marc Gingell
|30.03. 15:00||Selhurst Park||Crystal Palace||2-0||Huddersfield||REF: L Probert|
|ATT: 25,193||Luka Milivojevic 76′ pen|
|Patrick van Aanholt 88|
Selhurst Park – Highs and Lows!
- Date: 12 August 2017
- Location: Selhurst Park
- Crystal Palace 0 Huddersfield 3 ( Joel Ward OG, Steve Mounie 2 Goals)
Fast forward to 30 March 2019
- Location: Selhurst Park
- Crystal Palace 2 Huddersfield 0
Crystal Palace have not exactly been hot at Selhurst Park this season and only one team in the Premier League started the weekend with a worse home record than them – Huddersfield!
With that in mind, Huddersfield might have felt that this would not be the weekend when they were relegated. They needed to get something and hope that Burnley and Southampton didn’t. Those two teams did, Huddersfield didn’t, and it’s official. They are relegated.
Another Luka Milivojevic Penalty!
Huddersfield hung in there until the 76th minute when Luka Milivojevic converted, yet another Palace penalty after Wilfried Zaha had been fouled in the box by Juninho Bacuna. Patrick van Aanholt wrapped things up in the 88th minute.
Crystal Palace: Guaita (6), Wan-Bissaka (7), van Aanholt (8), Dann (6), Tomkins (6), Schlupp (5), Milivojevic (7), Meyer (6), Townsend (5), Zaha (7), Batshuayi (6)
Subs: Kouyate (n/a), Benteke (7), McArthur (6)
Huddersfield: Hamer (8), Smith (6), Kongolo (6), Hogg (7), Durm (5), Bacuna (4), Mooy (7), Lowe (7), Pritchard (6), Schindler (5), Grant (4)
Subs: Stankovic (n/a), Williams (n/a), Kachunga (6)
Man of the match: Patrick van Aanholt
- Huddersfield have failed to score in 38 of their 70 Premier League games (54.3%) – the highest such percentage in the history of the competition.
- Huddersfield have been relegated with six games to play – the joint-earliest in terms of games in the Premier League era (Derby County – 2007/08 and Ipswich Town – 1994/95).
- Only Derby County who were relegated on March 29 in the 2007/08 campaign have been relegated sooner than Huddersfield in a Premier League season (March 30, 2019).
- Huddersfield boss Jan Siewert is the first permanent Premier League manager to lose his first five away matches in the competition since Ole Gunnar Solskjaer in 2013/14, when the Norwegian was Cardiff City manager.
If you have any questions or comments please follow the links below. And, if you would like to like or share, that would be appreciated. Thank you.