Manchester City Climb Above Liverpool Again As Fulham Edge Closer To Relegation – Highlights. Comments. Player Ratings.
By Marc Gingell
|30.03. 12:30||Craven Cottage||Fulham||0-2||Man City||REF: K Friend|
|ATT: 25,001||Bernardo Silva 5′|
|Sergio Agüero 27′|
Bernardo Silva – Man Of The Match
Bernardo Silva helped put his game to bed inside 27 minutes. On five minutes he picked up a pass from Sergio Agüero, cut inside from the right, and fired a left-foot shot right into the corner. Twenty-two minutes later, after Fulham got themselves in a right mess at the back mainly thanks to Joe Bryan, Silva nipped in and found Agüero. Still with some work to do Agüero split three Fulham players and produced a nice dink into the corner.
2-0 Game Over
For the rest of the first half, City dominated and had 18 shots with all their outfield players, with the exception of Kyle Walker, trying their luck. It took Walker 80 minutes to get in on the act when he stormed into the Fulham penalty box and smashed a shot against the post.
Fulham Without Aleksandar Mitrovic
For Fulham Aleksandar Mitrovic pulled out of this game late with an abdominal injury which meant Ryan Babel led the line. He, and none of his teammates managed a single shot on target.
Fulham: Rico (5), Bryan (4), Christie (5), Chambers (5), Le Marchand (4), Fosu-Mensah (4), R Sessegnon (5), Anguissa (5), Cairney (5), Ayite (5), Babel (5)
Subs: Kebano (5), Schurrle (5), McDonald (NA)
Man City: Ederson (6), Zinchenko (7), Walker (6), Laporte (7), Otamendi (7), Gundogan (7), B Silva (8), D Silva (7), De Bruyne (6), Sterling (6), Aguero (8)
Subs: Jesus (6), Fernandinho (6), Mahrez (NA)
Man of the match: Bernardo Silva
- Fulham failed to direct a single shot on target for the first time in their last 188 home league games, since April 2010 against Wolves in the Premier League.
- Fulham have lost each of their last seven top-flight meetings with Manchester City, only once before have they suffered more consecutive top-flight defeats against a single opponent (8 v Manchester United between 2005 and 2009).
- Manchester City have lost on just one of their last 10 Premier League visits to London, winning eight and drawing one.
- Bernardo Silva has scored in three consecutive appearances in all competitions for Manchester City for the first time.
- Sergio Aguero has been involved in eight goals in his last five starts against Fulham in the Premier League (5 goals, 3 assists).
If you have any questions or comments please follow the links below. And, if you would like to like or share, that would be appreciated. Thank you.