At 6pm, on the evening of December 10, Banglamung Fire Department received reports of an explosion and house fire at M10 Suksabai, Banglamung, Pattaya.
The single story detached house was ablaze as three fire appliances tackled the flames, taking thirty-minutes to bring the situation under control.
By then the center of the building had been completely destroyed.
The house owner, sixty-year-old South African Robin Harris, told investigators he was taking a shower when he heard a loud explosion and ran out of the bathroom to be faced with a fire taking hold in the main living area.
He said he ran from the house and called the emergency services.
An investigation is underway but fire-officers believe an electrical short-circuit could have caused the incident.
Report by Pattaya One News Team