Seeing as the world is going primarily digital, the trend today is digital marketing. And as a business owner, it is imperative to stay on top of market situations and trends in the business world. Looking into digital marketing strategies for your business is an astute move, and this piece is crafted to reward you with just what you need – salient information.
At its most effective, digital marketing operates entirely as a series of tactics meticulously planned to serve different marketing purposes. Businesses consider the target audience, products or services, budgets, and competitors’ strategies to develop their digital marketing strategy. In the dog-eat-dog business world, it is probably best to work towards being the top dog. Effective digital marketing strategies are instrumental to giving you that competitive edge; and right here are some of the most effective strategies for any business:
- Search Engine Optimization: This strategy involves improving the number of leads and sales generated from your website. It functions in such a way as to increase the chances of potential customers finding and looking up your business content during a search, as well as ensuring only the most relevant leads are generated for your business. The reason why SEO is such an imperial marketing strategy is because you “own the real estate of Google’s SERPs compared to Google ads where you need to pay for every click. From my 22 years of experience doing SEO, it has been the most if not the most effective channel for my clients in terms of increasing your company’s revenue. The traffic is usually very targeted, and the intent is high from those users. The only drawback is the time it takes to boost the rankings, especially for the more competitive phrases.
- Social Media Marketing: Social media marketing is one of the most effective types of digital marketing. Social media platforms aggregate millions of users worldwide, with some like Facebook boasting over 2.9 billion users. This sizable demographic means a rich pool of potential customers, and businesses seek to take advantage of the strong presence on these platforms to interact with customers, drive traffic, and advertise products. Social media can be intimidating, but this is one leap of faith you should try by all means. After all, that dance could be a bridge between your business and a billion TikTok users. Social media marketing could be free or paid. Free social media marketing uses brand accounts to build popularity amongst platform users and leverages the strong following to generate leads. On the other hand, paid social media marketing involves paying a token to have influencers on the platform push your business or paying directly to the platform owners to make them promote your ads/posts.
- Email Marketing: It is usually best to have secured customer email addresses with their consent, which confirms their interest in your brand. It could serve different purposes such as advanced lead generation, lead conversion, customer relations, and complaint entertainment. Email marketing is a very personal form of marketing and is incredibly effective as a result of that. However, it is also very delicate for that reason, and it usually generates a lot of scrutiny from customers. As such, it is important to craft your email marketing strategy in a way that always makes a good impression on the customer. That is, after all, an essential part of getting them to like you. There are various CRMs such as Hubspot, InfusionSoft, Marketo, which can help your business in a savvy fashion to nurture those leads into real customers.
- Google Ads: Google ads are one of the most effective and efficient digital marketing channels for any business. The intent is high but make sure to have a very targeted landing page to ensure the likelihood that the clicks turn into leads. The good news with Google ads is that you can quickly and easily rank for hundreds of keywords immediately which means you can scale your business if implemented right.
The cost per click prices have increased quite significantly since its inception back in year 2000. Back then I remember the cost per click was about 1 cent per click for many industries. This has now increased all the way to USD 180++ per click in certain industries (mostly in the United States). Fortunately, in Thailand the cost per click charges is a lot less.
Google ads platform has evolved a lot over the years. There are quite a lot of features in Google ads so make sure that you get most of your traffic from search compared to display advertisements, which tends to send less engaged traffic. Make sure to use Google Ads Expert mode compared to the Google Ads Smart Mode which is for beginners and can really waste your money.
- Content Marketing: Content marketing is a broad term in digital marketing. It tends to cover a lot, from articles and social media posts to images and even video content. In the stricter sense, content marketing involves a business creating promotional write-ups and putting them online for potential or existing customers to see and react accordingly. Content marketing could be used to provide more information about the business or service, launch new products, make announcements, put out reviews, or drive customer interaction.
Due to its versatility, content marketing often includes imagery and video content, and it is not uncommon to see businesses combining it with other digital marketing strategies. The web has experienced a huge surge in content promotion, so it’s pivotal to have a smart and aggressive strategy in place to get your brand visibility at an optimal level. Compared to search marketing, content marketing is more top of the funnel traffic, but an important one to get your brand name recognized in the market. Having a strong content strategy also helps with your SEO visibility as they go hand in hand.
Digital marketing strategies are as critical as they are straightforward. However, it’s not to say that it is light work. A lot of businesses fail to get it right nonetheless and seeing as it has the capacity to make or mar the popularity of your brand with the customers, it is better left to expert hands more often than not. An example is Marketing Ignite, a Thai-based digital marketing company with digital marketing experience since 1998. They provide consultancy services, strategy development, and strategy execution for businesses worldwide to get the most out of digital marketing. Acclaimed digital marketing professionals such as Marketing Ignite can help to get maximum results so that business executives can focus on other important aspects. All in all, it is about striking the right equilibrium.