Foreigners will now have until March 25, 2022, to extend their special COVID extension stamp, as announced by the Bureau of Immigration.
The COVID extension was supposed to end on January 25 but has been extended. The visa relief or extension grants 60 days of stay to those who apply.
It has been reported that:
- If you have 15 days visa-on-arrival, you cannot have a COVID extension
- If you have a 60-day Tourist Visa, you can have a COVID extension if necessary
- If you have a 30 days Visa Exemption, you can have a COVID extension if necessary
- If you have a Non-immigrant B, ED, O (Volunteer), for example, you can no longer have a COVID extension
Please note that this extension of stay is not automatic, you must apply for this at your local immigration office and it will be at the discretion of the officer to approve the application.
- Passport photo 4 x 6 centimetres
- Copy of passport identification page and all pages related to current visa
- A letter from home country’s embassy in Thailand
- 1,900 baht visa extension fee
- TM.7 Application for extension of temporary stay in the Kingdom
- TM.30 Notification of residence with a signature from landlord or hotel manager