A couple was electrocuted in their freshwater prawn pond in Kalasin’s Yang Talad on Thursday morning, police said.
The Na Koong police station were alerted at 9am to the deaths of Wanchai Inlee, 49, and his wife, Thaworn Muthaporn, 46.
Neighbours found the couple lying face-down at the edge of the pond.
Police found that the power cable for an electric pump at the pond had a cut. They believe it had electrified the pond.
Police suspect that the husband turned on the pump, causing a short circuit that hit his wife, and was then also electrocuted when he rushed to rescue her.