Pattaya One News
Home » Chon Buri’s Bangsaen district cancels all official Songkran activities
National

Chon Buri’s Bangsaen district cancels all official Songkran activities

Songkran activities

Love it or hate it – looks like Songkran has been cancelled. On social media today the President of Saen Suk has said. Saen Suk Municipality in Chon Buri province, near Pattaya has cancelled Activities that is scheduled for April 16 to 17th. 

The President says that this decision is based on the widespread of the COVID-19 virus and the governments’ instruction to avoid mass gatherings.

Songkran being the biggest holiday gathering tends to attract thousands of party goers each year – so the government had decided this year to cancel.

Khunpluem understands that certain groups of people will celebrate privately at home, nightclubs and bars as it is the Thai New Year, However, he has pleaded with them not to throw water, which could spread the virus quicker. Also, he has stated that water trucks and riding in the back of pick-ups will be strictly prohibited.

This announcement has only been issued for the Bangsaen Area of Chon Buri, and not a national cancellation… But maybe others will also cancel in due course.

Tomorrow Pattaya City officials had said they will address the Songkran issue.

Songkran has become the biggest holiday event of the year, attracting thousands of people from all over the world. Each year, the event gets bigger and bigger and has been said that last year it grew 15% over the last year. Last year Songkran earnt the country 22 billion baht

error: If you would like to use this content, please contact us [email protected]