Chelsea Have The Perfect Opportunity To Jump Above Their London Rivals And Claim Third Place. Team News. Comments. Stats and Prediction.
By: Marc Gingell
Having sat back and watched their mini league rivals for a Champions League all suffer Premier League defeats Chelsea have the perfect opportunity to climb into third place against Burnley tonight.
But Burnley have won their last three games and they could well be up for this after being beaten at home by Chelsea 4-0.
|22-04||Stamford Bridge||Chelsea (5)||v||Burnley (15)|
|KO:20:00||REF: K Friend|
Team News Chelsea
- 25% Chance of Playing: Antonio Rüdiger Knee injury.
- 75% Chance of Playing: Marcos Alonso Muscle injury. Eden Hazard Knock. Ethan Ampadu Back injury.
Burnley Team News
- Retired From Professional Football on 22/3: Jonathan Walters.
- Unknown Return Date: Aaron Lennon Knee injury. Steven Defour Calf injury. Peter Crouch Abdominal injury.
- 75% Chance of Playing: Phil Bardsley Leg injury.
- Chelsea have won six of their nine Premier League matches against Burnley (D2 L1).
- Burnley have only won one of their last 11 matches away to Chelsea in all competitions (D3 L7), though it was their last such match at Stamford Bridge.
- None of Burnley’s previous nine Premier League matches played on a Monday have ended in a draw, with the Clarets winning three and losing six of those games.
- No side has conceded fewer home goals in the Premier League this term than Chelsea (10, same as Liverpool).
- Burnley have won three consecutive Premier League games for the second time this season, last winning more in a row in the competition in April 2018 (a run of five).
- Chelsea’s N’Golo Kante has scored three Premier League goals this season, with all of them being the winning strike in the match – the best such 100% record in the competition this term.
- Since the start of last season, Chris Wood has scored more Premier League goals than any other Burnley player (20).
- Eden Hazard has scored nine goals in 17 Premier League games played on a Monday, more than any other Chelsea player in the competition. He netted a brace in his last such game, against West Ham earlier this month.
- Burnley’s Dwight McNeil has been directly involved in eight Premier League goals this season (3 goals, 5 assists), the joint-most of any teenager in the competition (level with Ryan Sessegnon). The last teenager to score a Premier League goal against Chelsea was Marcus Rashford for Man Utd in April 2017.