Chelsea Move Into Third Thanks To Eden Hazard Stamford Bridge Double. Match Highlights. Manager Comments. Player Ratings & Stats.
By: Marc Gingell
Half way through the first half Eden Hazard picked up the ball midway inside the West Ham half. Four seconds later he’d cut right through the middle of West Ham, beaten four West Ham players, and tucked the ball in from 12 yards. A special goal from a special player that Chelsea really must do all they can to keep.
|8/4/2019||Stamford Bridge||Chelsea||2-0||West Ham United|
|ATT: 40,537||Eden Hazard 24′, 90′|
|KO:20:00||REF: C Kavanagh|
Chelsea In Control
Chelsea were looking good but whilst the score stayed at 1-0 they were vulnerable and they needed a second goal to put the game to bed and that didn’t come until the 90th minute. Ross Barkley played a clever ball into the box which found Hazard on the right side of West Ham’s six-yard box and he finished in style.
Hazard now has 16 Premier League goals and 12 assists which means he’s been directly involved in more than 50% of Chelsea’s 57 goals this season. Chelsea are 3rd but without Hazard, they certainly wouldn’t be!
Chelsea: Kepa (7), Azpilicueta (7), Rudiger (8), Luiz (8), Emerson (6), Jorginho (6), Kante (7), Loftus-Cheek (7), Hudson-Odoi (7), Hazard (9), Higuain (7)
Subs: Barkley (7), Giroud (NA), Pedro (NA)
West Ham: Fabianski (6), Fredericks (6), Balbuena (5), Ogbonna (5), Cresswell (5), Noble (6), Rice (5), Anderson (5), Arnautovic (5), Lanzini (5), Chicharito (4)
Subs: Snodgrass (6), Obiang (5)
Man of the match: Eden Hazard
- Chelsea are unbeaten in their last 13 home league meetings with West Ham (W9 D4) since a 2-3 loss in September 2002.
- West Ham have scored just one goal in their last seven away Premier League games (D1 L6), a Mark Noble penalty in a 1-1 draw at Crystal Palace.
- Chelsea have lost just one of their last 20 home Premier League matches (W12 D7 L1), a 0-1 defeat to Leicester City in December 2018.
- Hazard has scored 19 goals in all competitions in 2018/19 – his joint-best tally in a season for Chelsea (level with 2014/15).
- Hazard has been directly involved in 11 goals in his last 10 Premier League games at Stamford Bridge (6 goals, 5 assists).
- Hazard has been directly involved in more Premier League goals than any other player this season (16 goals, 12 assists).
- Ruben Loftus-Cheek has had a hand in four goals in his last three Premier League games for Chelsea (2 goals, 2 assists), after a run of 11 appearances without a goal involvement in the competition.
If you have any questions or comments please follow the links below. And, if you would like to like or share, that would be appreciated. Thank you.