Brighton Have Been Floundering On The Rock All Season And Against Bournemouth They Crashed Straight Into Them. Cardiff Will Not Lie Down Without A Fight. Tonight, Who Wins The Battle At The Amex Stadium, Could Stay Up! Team News. Manager Comments. Stats, And Prediction.
By: Marc Gingell
Back in early February I flagged Brighton up as a possible relegation candidate. At that time they were 25/1 go fall through the trap door. The price today is 10/1 with Cardiff still the firm favourite to finish 18th. But if Brighton don’t pick up three points tonight those odds could dramatically change!
|16-04-2019||Amex Stadium||Brighton and Hove Albion (17)||v||Cardiff City (18)|
|KO:19.45||REF: A Marriner|
Brighton and Hove Albion Team News
- Suspended Until 27 Apr: Anthony Knockaert.
Cardiff City Team News
- Unknown Return Date: Alex Smithies Shoulder injury. Sol Bamba Knee injury. Matthew Connolly Ankle injury. Callum Paterson Ankle injury
- Brighton have only lost one of their last nine home league games against Cardiff (W3 D5), and are unbeaten in five (W1 D4) since a 1-2 defeat in the Championship in October 2005.
- Cardiff haven’t done a league double over Brighton since the 1998-99 fourth tier campaign; they won 2-1 in the reverse meeting in November.
- Brighton are unbeaten at home to newly promoted clubs in the Premier League (P4 W2 D2 L0), and have only lost two of their 15 previous top-flight matches overall against such opposition on home soil (W7 D6 L2).
- Brighton have lost consecutive home Premier League games for the very first time. They last lost three in a row at home in league competition in January 2016.
- Cardiff have lost six of their last seven Premier League games (W1), and five of their last six away from home. Indeed, each of the Bluebirds’ last three Premier League away games have ended in a 0-2 defeat.
- Only already relegated Fulham (6) and Huddersfield (4) have won fewer Premier League points in 2019 than Brighton (8).
- 50% of Cardiff’s away wins in the Premier League have come on the south coast (2/4), beating Southampton in both 2013-14 and this campaign.
- This will be the seventh managerial league meeting between Brighton’s Chris Hughton and Cardiff’s Neil Warnock; Hughton has seen his sides keep a clean sheet in five of the previous six (W4 D1 L1).
- Brighton striker Glenn Murray has failed to score in seven of his eight league matches against Cardiff City.
- Brighton’s Glenn Murray has failed to score in his last nine Premier League home games. Despite this, he’s still scored five more league goals at the Amex Stadium this season than any other Brighton player (7).
After Bournemouth Chris Houghton needs a massive response from his team but his players have been pretty unresponsive for most of the season. Neil Warnock will have his troops line up for this and they won’t go down without a real fight.
Brighton and Hove Albion 0 Cardiff City 2
If you have any questions or comments please follow the links below. And, if you would like to like or share, that would be appreciated. Thank you.